- The one where the wedding reception almost turned into an orgy.
- The one where the bagpipes started playing and I cried so hard I couldn’t see the shots I was taking during the ceremony.
- The one where we got completely drenched and my cameras broke down, forcing me to rely on Polaroid and film for the rest of it.
- I spend most nights bingeing Beyonce music videos
- I was almost murdered by a serial killer
- I was raised on the high seas
I’d love for everyone to take a deep breath, hold, and let go. There’s way too much stress in this industry, and life is too short for that. Invest in the things that truly matter for two individuals in a marriage, and focus less on the wedding itself. I think if more vendors truly make this distinction and step out of the wedding box, then our industry will grow with less emphasis on the over-commercialised ‘wedding-porn’ of it all, and be a whole lot more life-affirming.
- I spend most nights bingeing Beyonce music videos (truth).
- I was almost murdered by a serial killer (truth).
- I was raised on the high seas (lie).
Thanks so much Ben!